Sunday 29 January 2012

A Winter Afternnoon

I've been hit with a bit of a sore throat and cough. My baby has also decided to resume 2am feedings which has left me shattered. Henceforth; as soon as the children go to sleep so do I, but this has left no room for my daily fix of writing.

Withdrawal symptoms were taking a hold...

Frustration and restlessness was setting in and it was time to uncurl and venture forth from the cocoon. Get out of the house and take in some fresh air.

The problem with winter, is that you tend to hibernate indoors and it can make you feel sluggish. Yesterday, we all wrapped up warm and headed out into the winter sun. It was freezing. But then again I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to the cold.

It was lovely to get out of the four walls and from the confines of my writers' head into the wide open space of the park. Pushing the pram and watching my hubby help our son with his new trike.

And there it was. An ice cream truck. Of course it had to be done.
Ice cream for three on a January afternoon...

Extra chocolate sauce please mate!
Yummy!

Being out and about certainly helped blow away the cobwebs as I also got some inspiration for my "Bloggin' February" page coming soon.

So if you are suffering from a bout of writers block, get out there, have an ice cream and see what comes to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment