Friday 17 February 2012

The Compulsion: My Reading Tower


Does this picture look familiar?!
This is my very own, ever growing, "to read" pile.

 "Why is there never enough time to read?!!" I hear myself cry for the hundredth time this week.

It's been a frustrating time this week for both my reading and writing opportunities. I've been thwarted at every turn; resulting in snatched moments to scribble down ideas as they pass; in hopes to save them from just disappearing into thin air.


And although I know that my reading time is limited; it still doesn't stop me from browsing the bookshelves for a good read. For example:


Last week, I took my children to the library, and for the first time in years I borrowed a book for myself. "Flowers in the Attic" by Virginia Andrews. (This will also be the first book I have read by this author. The blurb on the back was enough to convince me to take it up to the counter, so we shall see!) I also have a wish list of books waiting for me to purchase; reviews of books that have resulted in me adding more to that wish list and I have received three more books this week as gifts: "The End of the Line", "Terror Tales of the Lake District" (both a collection of short horror tales) and "The Woman in Black", a short story by Susan Hill.

With the weekend approaching, I've promised myself some well earned reading time. I'm really looking forward to it but I can't help looking at the pile and thinking: Will I ever conquer that reading tower?!

I bet you are now looking at your own and thinking the same...

How is your reading pile looking?! Any books that you reckon I should add to mine?! (You see?! I just can't help it!)

“So please, oh PLEASE, we beg, we pray, Go throw your TV set away, And in its place you can install, A lovely bookshelf on the wall.”

 - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

No comments:

Post a Comment