Saturday 12 May 2012

10 Reasons Why I Love Being A Mummy...

Not this kind....
I decided to list ten things I love about being a mummy because just lately I feel that I have been focusing too much on the negative things.

It's been a bit stressful so I hope that by thinking/posting about all the positives, it will help me change my attitude... therefore returning harmony to our little household!

So without further ado:

10 Reasons Why I Love Being A Mummy...


  1. Sharing all the "first-times". First time they open their little peepers to the world, first time they cry, first time they hold your finger, first tooth, first time they try a new action... you get the idea.
  2. I have a guaranteed supply of cuddles and kisses a day.
  3. Life makes sense since my babies came along.
  4. I laugh more. Today for example: after considering the fact that milk and cheese are the products from cows, my two year old asked if we could get one... Smart thinking kid!
  5. I can be proud of how I "grew" and nurtured two, healthy human beings...
  6. I can watch kids cartoons (It's called research people! I have to be up to date and know my kids favourite characters don't I?!)
  7. I love how my children accept me as I am. It doesn't seem to matter how I dress/wear my hair/ that I have bags under my eyes/haven't noticed that baby dribble on my shoulder...
  8. They bring out my best qualities and I feel I can conquer anything. (Mummies are fearless)
  9. WE MAKE A MESS AND HAVE OODLES OF FUN! (Making play dough, sticking, painting etc)
  10. I love that the world is a new and exciting place to these little guys, and it makes you see things for the first time. Just looking at a rainbow after a heavy down-pour or finding a lady-bug out in the garden is fascinating...
What about you? Why do you love being a parent?
If you're not a parent, what makes you happy about being you?!


Thanks for reading.

If you look closely; it's a double rainbow! Isn't that supposed to be lucky?
Photo taken from our window after a heavy down-pour










6 comments:

  1. I'm a step-mum for two lovely boys growing into gorgeous young men. Being a step-mum has some different pro'sd and con's, but points 1,3,4 and 5 struck a particular chord with.

    The love we have is less unconditional than a biological bond, but it means we have to consciously work at finding the positives and growing the love.
    The care and respect we have for each comes from our shared daily experiences of each other.

    It's a pleasure and a privelege most of the time although some days are just hard work!

    Thanks for this post which allowed me to reflect on the good place we're at right now.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!

    I loved finding and reading your comment!

    I wrote this post as I felt I was forgetting how blessed we were, and I needed reminding that the bad/negative stuff I was feeling wasn't that bad really.

    Thank you for taking the time to comment and to share your experience as a step-parent. Be proud of what you are acheiving with your boys. :)

    This is probably the best bit of blogging; sharing and learning from each other!

    I hope you enjoy it here at R.W.B!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just keeps on getting better, too. My offspring are now ages 40 and 36. I am so proud of the adults they have become and to know that I had a wee, small part in that success.
    Now, I get to watch them both in action as they raise my grandchildren.
    The joy that children bring just never seems to stop. It is what make life so grand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jimmie!

    I believe you and I think that it will just keep on getting better as we learn and grow with our children. They never cease to amaze us.
    I wonder who they will grow into/become? I wonder what life will bring them? I wonder what they will want to do/where they will want to go... We can only hope for the best for them but for now I will just keep on enjoying these precious, early moments!

    I bet it's an incrediable feeling to be sharing in the lives of your grandchildren.

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not to everyone's taste, but I like listening to ambient music when I'm stressed. Brian Eno is my favourite ambient artist. I just listened to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALvc2ivuxeI today, restoring inner peace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got a wide music taste and ambient is part of it. Had a listen.. It was soooo relaxing that I felt sleepy. Inner peace restored! I think there is music for every emotion. :)

    ReplyDelete