Thursday 26 January 2012

James Herbert and Halloween 2012

I am a huge fan of horror writer James Herbert. Pan Macmillan is releasing his novel 'Ash' in October of this year, and I came across some more interesting news about the great British horror novelist.
 According to James Herbert .Com (http://www.jamesherbert.com/news-about-james-herbert.html): "The BBC has announced that it is adapting James Herbert’s novel The Secret Of Crickley Hall. The drama will be shown in three hour-long parts for Halloween 2012."
I read the book a long time ago, but from memory, it was a creepy, breath-holding haunted house story. I will be re-reading it soon to review it properly, but for those interested, here's a review I found on-line which may be of interest: http://www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/secret-crickley-hall-book

As a fan I'm very excited about the news, however, I am a bit of a sceptic when it comes to books being made for screen. I always end up feeling that the book is always better and that directors should have left well alone. (Hard to please and loyal to the book I guess...)

Here's looking forward to a spook-tacular October...

...

...

I can't believe I just wrote that...

No comments:

Post a Comment