Sunday 15 January 2012

The Weekend of Friday 13th...

O.K. Before you read any further let me just warn you that I'm feeling kinda blah...
I've never believed in the whole Friday 13th bad luck scenario... but after this weekend I'm starting to wonder...

It's not that anything reeeeeeally bad has happened but it's been a struggle. Any plans made were scuppered by time and not conforming to schedule. Therefore the weekend has flashed before my eyes and Monday is nearly upon us already!
The kids have been uppity, I've got no writing done or had a proper chance to sit and blog... the freezer drawer fell on the floor and completely cracked the front, the housework is still on hold and today there was a horrible situation in the local supermarket...

I was waiting in the queue and two guys (a little rough around the edges putting it politely!) pushed in front of me in the queue. Me being me, I bit my tongue and seethed inside quietly whilst an exhausted looking lady behind me had other ideas...
"There is a queue here you know!"
What she got back was a load of insults. I believe there was an explanation from the men amongst the foul language but I couldn't be sure! I was grateful that I had left my children with my husband in the car.
Why do people get so furious? More to the point, where has common decency gone? All the guys had to do was point out they had left their shopping on the conveyor belt to mark their space and had just gone to fetch some forgotten item... (There was two of them, why one couldn't have stayed with the shopping is beyond me... duh?!) but no, they pushed their way past without so much as an excuse me. Rude.
Anyway, without launching into the rant my poor husband had to listen to on my return to the car about the "world today", I just wanted to see how everyone else faired on Friday 13th?!



No comments:

Post a Comment