Tuesday 24 January 2012

Turn It Around And Have A Splashing Good Time!





Splish, Splash, Sploosh!
I smiled and took a deep breath of fresh air. I am high up on Barra's Nose in Tintagel. To me it is the most beautiful and spiritual place in Cornwall.
And I feel that my heart soars.
It's a piece of stone ledge jutting out into the wild Cornish sea. I stand alone, my face lifted to the wind as it whips through my hair and I feel free... Somewhere in the distance, over the crash of the waves and calls of seagulls riding on the wind, a baby cries...

And I groan as I stir from slumber and roll over to try and find my phone on my bedside table, desperately trying to focus on the time display on the screen. It's cold and dark. And my baby is awake for his early morning feed. It can't be that time already?! And just when I was in the middle of such a beautiful dream too...

Ah; the call of motherhood.

It felt like it was going to be one of those days. My husband was rushing for work, the kids both wanted everything at once and I was struggling. I looked out of the window. The sky was thick with grey clouds and the rain was coming down steadily.

I took a deep breath. Ugh. A miserable, cold, wet January day.
Not on my watch.
I was going to turn this around...

It turns out that I had a fantastic day with my children. We did lots of fun things; bubbles, a journey in the car, watching a man fix mummy's back wiper (my son was fascinated by this) and coming home for cheese toasties... But the best bit was splashing in all the puddles we could find at the park! Watching my son negotiate his wellies to stamp and splash in the puddles, looking so happy and giggling uncontrollably will stay with me forever.

Plus I've had some ideas pop in my head for further stories...

In short; turn your day around and splash in a puddle!


"Why not learn to enjoy the little things - there are so many of them."  ~Author Unknown



no description

No comments:

Post a Comment