Wednesday 18 April 2012

Drip, Drip, Drop Little April Showers...


drip drip drop...
Rain, rain, go away...

Ah, the typical English weather... Every time I look out the window today it's been pouring. We shouldn't be complaining as we are close to drought but my eldest has been soooooo restless.

So we have been looking for things to do inside. So far we have had every puzzle out and used animal cutters and number stamps in the playdough. (He is getting great  at recognising numbers, he never ceases to amaze me!)

We stood at the open door listening to the sound of the rain on the decking and watched a black bird looking for worms on the lawn...

Then we found a paper plate and turned it into a cat face with googly eyes and black card ears... which he decided to call Perdy (like one of his TV characters), and took it up with him at nap time to put on his bedside table.

Once I tucked him up, Baby Z needed his feed and laughed at mummy trying to dance to stop him crying... (I obviously could do with some dance lessons cha-cha-chaaaaaaaaa!)

Then I had the house work to do... Why is there always a sock that escapes the wash... ???

As I write this I wonder where all the time has gone today; the clouds are clearing and I swear, I can see a sliver of sunshine... Hmmm, almost sounds like a Disney type of ending reading that back... Sorry...

If you have children; how do you like to spend your rainy days?

No comments:

Post a Comment