Sunday 1 July 2012

In The Bag!

Before I start this post, for those who read yesterday's post - a quick update. Yes, I ate the ice cream and yes I actually went out on a run early this morning. Woooooo! I died when I returned. My lungs felt like they were on fire and I had waves of nausea. How unfit am I? It sounds like a ran a mile, but it was only round the block *blush* It’s a start though right?!
I decided to start running to get into shape, July 2010, after having our first child. The last time I ran was in November 2010 the day before my Nan passed away. I can’t really write too much about it as it is still so very sad and sudden. I then became pregnant with our second child so running was forgotten.
It was good to get out there again though. The wind in my face; and music in my ears, feet pounding the pavement. Just getting out there and doing something positive felt invigorating.

I am hoping to keep this up; even if I only run at the weekends (but I know what I am like, it will get addictive...)

On with the post:

My Bag....
Is more like a Tardis. I put stuff in. I put more stuff in and yet, still I can put more stuff in... It’s finding the stuff that I require at certain times that’s the problem!

The Sort Out
The other day as I tipped the contents out onto the table to sort out, looking at the array of objects scattered across the table, I realised that if someone was to find my bag, that they could probably work out a little about me. Try it yourself. Tip out the contents of your bag and pick up the first couple of things. What do they say about you?

What My Bag Says About Me
I chose five things to write about else we would be here all night!
If you are a chap reading this without a ‘man bag’ than do the same with your coat/jeans pocket; alternatively, the glove box of your car can also be very revealing about the type of person you are!)

Firstly the bag itself:

This is my current favourite in operation. It's brown, soft fabric with a fur top. It has a wolf print that has piercing yellow eyes.
First impressions?!

The Colour Brown:

Taken from: http://www.squidoo.com/colorexpert

"Brown says stability, reliability, and approachability. It is the color of our earth and is associated with all things natural or organic.

How the color brown affects us physically and mentally

* Feeling of wholesomeness
* Stability
* Connection with the earth
* Offers a sense orderliness"
The wolf itself  traditionally has a lot of symbolism attached:
  • Intelligence
  • Cunning
  • Communication
  • Friendliness
  • Loyalty
  • Generosity
  • Compassionate

The bag is strong, practicle and a bit fluffy on the edges. :0) Sounds a bit like me. Ha!

So in amongst the usual suspects (purse, keys and phone) here are five random objects and what they could be saying about me:

Note book and pen - Don't want any ideas escaping! I like to keep ideas and thoughts in order.




I don't wear make-up day to day, so this lipstick is really out of place and a real surprise... Maybe that's just like me? Or, I just keep this in here so I can use it to mark a path back out of the Labyrinth... (If you haven't seen fantatsy 1980's film Labyrinth with David Bowie, then the last comment is meaningless... )




My sunnies... Oh sunny old England...
You have to admire the optimism right?! I am an optimistic person, even if I am moaning and whining like.. well... like something that moans and whines a lot! I am still pretty optimistic underneath it all. I don't give up easily...
This could also be an indication of my shyness, and that I like to be hidden...

A keepsake card from my hubby on Mother's Day... (Entitled: A little hug from me) This is obvious, I am sentimental... And words mean a whole lot coming from  loved ones. I like to keep these kind of things close to me.
I may not spend hours on beauty regimes, make-up, hair, clothes etc. But I like to keep neat and tidy so these bits and pieces are essential.


So, there you go. A little bit about me.
What's in your bag and what does it say about you?!









No comments:

Post a Comment